The LDC is a 6 week intensive, interactive course that was first started at the Seamill Centre in Scotland but is now in many locations around the world. If you have had at least 5 years experience as a leader and need some evaluation and focus on what the future holds, then this is the course for you. The course looks into the phases of growth of a leader’s life, mentoring, team building, direction setting and much more. Practical one to one mentoring, peer mentoring, workshops, ministry times and groups of all kinds are a vital part of the course.
Why attend an LDC?
* Get time away from your present responsibilities to seek God
* Understand your gifting and calling for a clarity of focus
* Gain a knowledge of your phase of growth as a leader
* Learn specific skills in leadership and mentoring
* Have team leadership and participatory leadership style modeled
* Enjoy an environment for special encounters with God
Don’t miss the opportunity for a training sabbatical:
* When was the last time you were a student in a YWAM training school?
* Rather than just taking a trip home and speaking in all those churches and meeting with all your supporters how about receiving some leadership input!
* How about enjoying 6 weeks of inspiration and interaction with other leaders?
What is the structure of the LDC?
The leadership development course is 6 weeks of teaching input, with a lot of discussion in class. The teaching style utilises question times, role plays, games, exercises and hands on workshops to help you learn and assimilate the teaching. All delegates are a part of processing groups that meet each week as well as peer groups with 2 or 3 other delegates. The teaching is modelled by staff, with practical application and assignments to help each delegate learn as much as possible. There is opportunity every day for prayer input. The course is all about you as a leader, developing yourself and then others on your team. It’s about accomplishing the task but building the people on your team in the process. Or as Ephesians 4 puts it, “equipping the saints for the work of ministry.”
Who is the course for?
Are you moving through transitions without difficulty? Are you understanding keys to stop any plateauing in your life? Are you clear about your future ministry? Does your leadership have an emphasis on developing people? Are you really investing in potential leaders on your base or team? Do you function with shared leadership and understand the convener model of ywam international? Are you working on a plan to finish well?
If you answered No to any of these questions, then you probably qualify!
The course has been planned for a base, national or ministry leadership team members, or people with similar experience in leadership. We are generally looking for those who have had 5 years of leadership experience.