There is so much information coming at you in an LDC, it’s impossible to put everything into application. So, this course provides an opportunity of reminding you of a particular aspect of the course each month for the next year. You will receive a mailchimp email from me, with reading material, exercises and questions to provoke you to think, meditate and grow.
Here is a little more on what the email would include:
- Reflect: I will start with a short reflection on a scripture that introduces the topic of the month.
- Review: This introduces some of the principles of the topic of the month as a reminder. It provides you with an opportunity to take a fresh look and go over some of the material once more.
- Re-engage: I will be giving you some questions to think about and exercises that you can do to rework from your LDC or to look at in a fresh way. For example – How have you integrated these concepts into your leadership in the last months and if not, how can you start?
- Resource: I have selected some of my monthly leadership letters that are relevant to the topic for you to read or re-read. These will give some added content and expand on a topic a little more.
- Soul companion: It is very useful to have someone who is close to you, who knows your strengths and weaknesses and with whom you can be transparent. These companions can be helpful in talking through your responses to the material and the applications you have made. It also is very helpful to have someone you are accountable to and can motivate you to follow through in a greater way. It’s useful to get someone else’s understanding of the concepts too so there can be peer learning. Perhaps there is someone you know who went through the LDC and you can do the course together and compare notes. At this point, I am not going to organise these relationships but would encourage you to pray about who that is for you.
- Time investment: I don’t want to prescribe the amount of time you give to this course but to work through the material each month will take more than just a simple reading. You will benefit from giving it a little time or lots of time. It will take 10-15 minutes just to read and take in the material. So, to make the most of it – by going through the exercises, reflecting on questions and interacting with others, it will take a significant amount of time. Ideally set aside time on a specific day, rather than squeeze it in to this or that moment.
- Reflect – introduction to the topic of the month.
- Review – a reminder of some concepts and principles shared in the LDC.
- Re-engage – some questions, exercises & applications with the material
- Resource – take a few minutes to read and reflect.
- Soul companion – Share what God has been saying and how you are responding?
The alternative is to use the online version of the course rather than receive the mailchimp version. How to start the ‘Going Deeper’ course.
Rather than just email you out, I have set up the course online. Below are the instructions for you – I hope you find it easy to access.
My prayer is that you will be challenged and encouraged as you go through the reminder course.
Go online to http://www.ywamelearning.com/moodle
Scroll down and click on LDC going deeper
You will come to the introduction page
Click on LDC going deeper, at the bottom of the page
You come to the log in page – on the right of the screen click on create new account
Fill out the form with your choice of username and password and email address, name, city and country. Then fill out the security words and click on create my new account
You will be sent an email to confirm your registration
Click on the link in your email and it will bring you to LDC Going deeper page. Under the Enrolment key click to enter text – goingdeeper
You will come to Lesson 1. Then click on each aspect of the first course. There is a facdbook link to comment on the facebook page.
You can go at your own pace, but its set up to do one lesson every month. As you can see, I only have 3 months set up on line right now, taking you up to December.
Let me know if you have any problems