What is the leadership development course?
“The leadership development course is 40 days or 6 weeks of interactive teaching, creative application, dynamic processing with staff and participants and life transforming encounters with God.”
The LDC was first started at the Seamill Centre in Scotland but is now in many locations around the world. If you have had at least 5 years’ experience as a leader and need some evaluation and focus for what the future holds, then this is the course for you.
Why attend an LDC?
* Get time away from your present responsibilities to seek God
* Understand your gifting and calling for a clarity of focus
* Gain a knowledge of your phase of growth as a leader
* Learn specific skills in leadership and mentoring
* Have team leadership and participatory leadership style modelled
* Enjoy an environment for special encounters with God
Don’t miss the opportunity for a training sabbatical:
* When was the last time you were a student in a YWAM training school?
* Rather than just taking a trip home and speaking in all those churches and meeting with all your supporters how about receiving some leadership input!
* Why not enjoy 6 weeks of inspiration and interaction with other leaders?
What is the structure of training?
The LDC is so much more than a series of lectures – there is some content given with manuals to follow along but we have taken much prayer and thought into how the curriculum is applied into all of our lives.
There is a variety of methods used including discussion and questions as a whole class, games, role plays, activities to help understand concepts, break out groups during class, process groups with staff, one to one mentoring and coaching to help with whatever requires processing, modelling of leadership in many contexts, assignments, workshops of all kinds, prayer ministry and more.
Who is the course for?
Are you moving through transitions without difficulty? Are you understanding keys to stop any plateauing in your life? Are you clear about your future ministry? Does your leadership have an emphasis on developing people? Are you really investing in potential leaders on your base or team? Do you function with shared leadership and understand the convener model of ywam international? Are you working with a plan to finish well?
If you answered No to any of these questions, then you probably qualify for the LDC!
The course has been planned for base, national or ministry leadership team members, or people with similar experience in leadership. We are generally looking for those who have had 4-5 years of leadership experience.